Become a Volunteer
Become a Volunteer at Burnie
Surf Life Saving is an active part of Burnie's community. A place to belong, a place for everyone, a place to grow and be safe. At Burnie we couldn't save lives without volunteers.
There are a number of ways in which you can volunteer your time to help us serve the community.
If you’re not interested in being a surf lifesaver, but would like to help out by volunteering your time on the beach, come and join us - we'd love to have you.
You could become an age manager of our Burnie Nippers Program. An age manager looks after the safety, well being and development of our junior surf lifesavers. The Burnie Nippers program wouldn’t happen without the generous support of our volunteers, who offer their precious time to provide a supportive environment in which to learn and develop.
You could also learn new skills and complete qualifications in first aid or radio operations, to help on beach patrols. You could even help out with the weekend barbeques. The possibilities are endless.
- The Burnie Surf Life Saving Club will keep our beaches safe by:
- Providing high quality lifesaving services
- Being a well managed progressive community club
- Educating and promoting surf awareness and safety within the club and community
- Promoting a fun and inclusive environment Supporting participation in surf sports at all levels
Burnie Surf Life Saving Club will achieve its vision and mission by delivering services and initiatives in five key areas which we have called our goals. We will progressively work towards achieving each goal by implementing several clearly defined strategies.